Loading...
You are here:  Home  >  Latest News  >  Current Article

Mario Batali steps down after sexual misconduct claims

By   /  December 12, 2017  /  No Comments

Celebrity chef Mario Batali has taken leave from his restaurants and TV show following a series of sexual misconduct allegations against the US chef.

    Print       Email

Mario Batali takes “full responsibility” for sexual harassment claims

Earlier this week, Eater reported that the incidents involve at least four women, including some that were employed by Batali. One woman claimed Batali groped her chest and another said the chef grabbed her from behind and held her against his body.

Celebrity chef Mario Batali said he takes “full responsibility” for sexual harassment claims.

Following the allegations, Batali has given up supervision of the daily operations at his restaurant empire Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group, and will also take leave from his ABC cooking show, The Chew.

A Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group spokesperson said the company received a formal complaint in October against Batali regarding inappropriate behaviour. He was reportedly reprimanded and required to attend training.

In a statement, Batali said he takes full responsibility for the incidents.

“I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family,” he said.

    Print       Email
  • Published: 4 months ago on December 12, 2017
  • By:
  • Last Modified: December 12, 2017 @ 12:15 pm
  • Filed Under: Latest News

About the author


Notice: WP_Query was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 3.1.0! caller_get_posts is deprecated. Use ignore_sticky_posts instead. in /websites/op/openhousemagazine.net/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4030

You might also like...

New address for Open House

Read More →